2019 Boss Reunion - Celebrating 50 years of the Ford & Mercury Boss & Boss powered cars!
What: 2019 BOSS 302 Reunion Event – celebrating 50 years of Boss cars
When: 2019 August 30, 31 and September 1
Event: Held in conjunction with CARFEST 2019
Host Hotel: Pittsburgh Marriott North, 100 Cranberry Woods Drive, Cranberry Township, PA
- 30 minute drive to Pittsburgh International Race Complex
Pittsburgh International Airport: easy drive to event activities
- 40 minute drive to host hotel
- 40 minute drive to Pittsburgh International Race Complex
SCHEDULED GUEST SPEAKERS (Friday Boss Dinner Party):
Bill Barr – Engine Engineer Ford Motor Company, worked on production of the BOSS 302 and 428 Cobra Jet. Bill also built and raced his personal 1970 Boss 302 in A/Sedan.
Ken Dowd – Designer Ford Motor Company, 60s & 70s, worked with Larry Shinoda’s design team on the Boss 302, Pantera, King Cobra and more.
Don Eichstaedt – Ford Motor Company Test Engineer at Kar Kraft, supervised build of first Boss 302 prototype and worked on the Boss 429.
Adam Christian – Engine Performance Development Ford Motor Company, team member 2012-13 Boss 302 Coyote based “Road Runner” engine.
Also, Charlie Henry – author of Kar-Kraft will be available for book signing Fri. during the banquet /Sat. at Pitt Race AM and PM session. (purchase book on site or bring your own copy)
FEATURED BOSSES SCHEDULED TO APPEAR:
Calling all BOSS cars! We are looking for your:
- 1969-1970 Boss 302 Mustangs & Cougars, including vintage race and SCCA Trans-Am Series
- 1969-1970 Boss 429 Mustangs & Cougars (yes, there were 2 made)
- 1971 Boss 351 Mustangs
- 2012-2013 Boss 302 Mustangs
- 2011-2014 Boss 302R / 302S Mustangs
- All years Boss 302 (including Ford Performance), Boss 351 (including Ford Performance), Boss 429 (including Jon Kaase) powered vehicles (NASCAR, NHRA, IHRA, race cars, customs, restomods, etc.)
Due to the anticipated size of this very special reunion Randy Ream and Lisa Leathery knew they would need some help to manage the registration. They selected to team with AutoInterests and their CARFEST 2019 event. This event will be held at Pittsburgh International Race Complex. The facility provides plenty of room for the Boss group to come together in one designated location, and allows the Boss group to manage their own event within the CARFEST event.
During CARFEST, the Boss Reunion participants will have a designated show area, special guests, concours judging head judge Ed Meyer, BOSS only show field area and special photo opportunities for BOSS only cars and owners. See the BOSS Activities page for descriptions and registration fees.